[LLVMdev] Removing ReadOnly from math intrinsics

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Mon Jan 27 10:30:42 PST 2014

I would be perfectly fine with Raul & Chandler's proposal, provide that
clear documentation is added.  The strong distinction between standard
library calls and intrinsics is an important point for front end
authors.  The deliberate ignorance of floating point environment flags
is entirely defensible, but needs to be documented clearly.  We should
also document which rounding mode (and related bits of FP env state)
that our optimizations assume.

Do we currently model flag writes for floating point?  If so, does this
effect the discussion?

Philip