[LLVMdev] Stack in a non-zero address space?

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 10:26:52 PST 2014

Hi,

We're currently looking at moving our stack out of the address space that contains the heap and globals (and, actually moving those into separate address spaces, but that seems easier).  Currently, however, there seems to be an assumption that alloca instructions always return a pointer into address space 0, and the verifier enforces this.

Is anyone else encountering this problem?  Are there any assumption in optimisers that rely on it?

David