[LLVMdev] MCJIT versus getLazyBitcodeModule?

Larry Gritz lg at larrygritz.com
Tue Jan 21 10:52:02 PST 2014

This is sounding rather like getLazyBitcodeModule is simply incompatible with MCJIT. Can anybody confirm that this is definitely the case?  Is it by design, or by omission, or bug?

Re your option #1 and #2 -- sorry for the newbie questions, but can you point me to docs or code examples for how the linking or object caching should be achieved?  If I do either of these rather than seeding my bitcode into the same module where I'm dynamically assembling my IR, does that mean that it will be unable to inline those functions?

It's possible that my best option may be to give up on getLazyBitcodeModule when using MCJIT, reverting back to ParseBitcodeFile, but try to lower compilation overhead by carefully dividing my module into just the parts that get the most bang-for-buck with inlining (keep those in the bitcode, but much less to compile), and move the rest into my app and have it resolve the symbols but not be able to inline.

	-- lg

--
Larry Gritz
lg at larrygritz.com