[LLVMdev] Invalid RegNum error

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 14:22:58 PST 2014

I'm writing a compiler using LLVM, and suddenly today I started to get this
error, when emitting to a .s file.

Assertion failed: (I != M+Size && I->FromReg == RegNum && "Invalid
RegNum"), function getLLVMRegNum, file MCRegisterInfo.cpp, line 78.

I'm emitting using x86_64-apple-darwin. Any thoughts about what could be
causing this? LLVM validation does not report any errors.

Timothy

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that–lacking
zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C