[LLVMdev] Dragonegg buildbots

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 22:01:40 PST 2014

>> It looks like dragonegg should have a single buildbot using gcc 4.7.
>> All others would be with 4.6 and 4.5.  All the 4.5 and 4.6 ones went
>> red since we reject those compilers now.
>

> there is a difference between the compiler used to build LLVM and dragonegg
> (gcc 4.7 or better) and the compiler the plugin will be loaded into, which
> could be older.  For example, the nightly test could be run using gcc-4.6+
> dragonegg, with LLVM and dragonegg built using gcc-4.7.  However, as most of
> the buildbots are bootstrapping LLVM/gcc/dragonegg, and for them these
> theoretically different gcc's need to be the same, you are right that most
> of the buildbots are junk now.

Yes, but for now I think we will probably have to focus on the simple
case of using a singe gcc version.

>> The 4.7 one is trying to use gcc13, which is currently offline so we
>> now have 0 bot coverage for dragonegg. Can we drop the 4.5 and 4.6
>> bots and reuse one of the manchines for 4.7? Is there documentation
>> somewhere on how this is done? Do I need anything more than write
>> access to zorg to do it?
>

> For zapping buildbots you can just remove them in zorg.

OK. First patch attached. It just removes builders that would be
duplicated if all were converted to 4.7.

>  For adding or
> moving buildbots you may well need access to the machines.  If you send me
> your public ssh key I can arrange for you to be able to login.

I have access to the gcc farm. Do I need to access it as a particular user?

BTW, I am able to login to gcc13. Any idea why the builder thinks the
slave is offline?

Cheers,
Rafael