[LLVMdev] test suite 'owner'

Robert Lytton robert at xmos.com
Mon Jan 13 12:22:12 PST 2014

Hi Eric,

Could you explain the intent and policy regarding the test-suite body of code.
Should the test be left as much as possible as-is (even if technically incorrect)?
Should changes only affect the XCore target (#ifdef) or should all targets get the changes?

Taking "int32_t main" as an example.
The correct return type & argc for main is 'int'.
In the XCore tool chain, 'int32_t' equates to long (IIRC) and hence is not acceptable in the type signature for main.
Should this change be only for the XCore target or all targets?

When I know the policy for the test-suite, I'll alter as necessary & regroup the changes into patches containing the same type of change and submit for approval.

One more question:
On patch I need to address is how to make deterministic the order of stdout & stderr.
Ideally, applications would use either stdout or stderr but not both.
Would a patch to change to only stdout be acceptable (plus any changes to expected output)?

Thank you

Robert