[LLVMdev] MachineInstr layer is called as what?

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 20:53:50 PST 2014

People will understand you if you say "MI".

-- Sean Silva

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Masahiro Sano <sabottenda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have learned about LLVM backend passes. LLVM IR changes its format four
> times until final output assembly/object through SelectionDAG,
> MachineInstr, MCInst.
> MCInst format layer seems to be called as "MC layer" officially. What
> about MachineInstr format layer? It seems to be called as "MI layer", is it
> officially? Please tell me there is good name for representing
> MachineInstr layer.
> Thanks,
> Masahiro.
> _______________________________________________
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> LLVMdev at cs.uiuc.edu         http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/llvmdev
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/attachments/20140111/132e5961/attachment.html>

More information about the llvm-dev mailing list