[LLVMdev] Bitcode parsing performance

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 00:09:07 PST 2014

This Summer I was working on LTO and Rafael mentioned to me that debug info
is not lazy loaded, which was the cause for the insane resource usage I was
seeing when doing LTO with debug info. This is likely the reason that the
lazy loading was so ineffective for your debug build.

Rafael, am I remembering this right/can you give more information? I expect
that this will have to get fixed before pitching LLD as a turnkey LTO
solution (not sure where in the priority list it is).

-- Sean Silva