[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.4 RC3 fails to run on Win32

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Thu Jan 9 10:36:26 PST 2014

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away over the holidays.

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> wrote:
> Looking at the PE32 file for it, it is a 32-bit executable. More
> likely, the version was built using a newer visual studio (2012, or
> 2013), but not built with XP support enabled.

Yes, this is probably the reason.

Both the snapshot builds and the 3.4 release are 32-bit builds done
with Visual Studio 2012, but they didn't were not done with the XP
compatible mode.

I don't know the details of what the difference is in this "XP support
mode", but I'll try to figure out if we can use that for future
builds.

Thanks,
Hans