[LLVMdev] Build/Install of LLVM without root access

Bryan Ewbank Bryan.Ewbank at sas.com
Tue Jan 7 12:02:06 PST 2014

Thanks for all the information on build and source hierarchy.  I have to give up for now because I have gcc 3.4.6, which dies a miserable death  when I attempt to compile LLVM....

In file included from llvm-3.4/lib/Support/ConstantRange.cpp:24:
IR/InstrTypes.h: In static member function `static bool llvm::TerminatorInst::classof(const llvm::Value*)':
IR/InstrTypes.h:80: error: call of overloaded `cast(const llvm::Value*&)' is ambiguous
Support/Casting.h:231: note: candidates are: typename llvm::cast_retty<To, From>::ret_type llvm::cast(Y&) [with X = llvm::Instruction, Y = const llvm::Value*]
Support/Casting.h:238: note:                 typename llvm::cast_retty<X, Y*>::ret_type llvm::cast(Y*) [with X = llvm::Instruction, Y = const llvm::Value]

Rats.  Off to find a newer gcc (and all that it requires).

Again, thanks for your help!
-- Bryan