[LLVMdev] questions about LLVM code optimization

feqin fan feqin1023 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:46:07 PST 2014

Hello, guys.
first, Happy new year to everyone.

I'm porting a llvm target to PIC14 like chip.
the llvm's optimization is so remarkable, when I write a function which has
never be called and has no side effect, the function will be deleted has no
ASM output. but I just need a trivial function delay time.
also I need stop inline expansion and loop unrolling, ignore the*
inline*keyword even.

so the question this, how can I stop this optimization above? maybe some
configure option can stop this when compile the llvm release?
and where is the source code doing this optimization in llvm source 3.3?

thx, guys. My best regards.

--
业精于勤,荒于嬉..