[LLVMdev] Question about GetElementPtr Instruction Decomposition and Analysis in BasicAliasAnalysis

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 13:36:59 PST 2014

Hi Huyan(?),

On the whole it sounds like you've found a real bug, but your question
was a little vague for us to give a definitive response.

>     I try to trunk BaseOffs for 32bit target like this,am i right?
> + if(TD->getPoitersizeInBits() == 32)
> +  BaseOffs = (int32_t) BaseOffs;

Could you give (attach) a simple .ll file (& llc/opt command-line)
that triggers this, and tell us where you're thinking of making this
change? I'm rather worried about the implicit "64 || 32 bit" dichotomy
introduced, so the code you've posted is suspect.

Cheers.

Tim.