[LLVMdev] http://llvm.org/apt/precise/ broken for 3.4?

Kai Nacke kai.nacke at redstar.de
Thu Jan 2 07:49:13 PST 2014

Hi all,

I use the nightly builds of LLVM in my Travis CI configuration. Travis
CI is based on Ubuntu 12.04 precise.

Currently, I am not able to install llvm-3.4 and llvm-3.4-dev. The error
is always:

$ sudo apt-get install llvm-3.4 llvm-3.4-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package llvm-3.4
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'llvm-3.4'
E: Unable to locate package llvm-3.4-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'llvm-3.4-dev'

The configuration should be ok because it worked until December and it
still works with llvm-3.5.

I am able to install llvm-3.4 on saucy. Is this a problem with the
precise build?

These are the scripted commands:
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://llvm.org/apt/precise/
llvm-toolchain-precise main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"
wget -O - http://llvm.org/apt/llvm-snapshot.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update -qq
sudo apt-get install -qq llvm-3.4 llvm-3.4-dev

Help is welcome.

Regards,
Kai