[LLVMdev] install and the strip command

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Feb 27 14:00:06 PST 2014

On 02/27/2014 01:04 PM, Reed Kotler wrote:
> so if i configure with --enable-keep-symbols
>
> then a "make install" on the host works but not on the target.
>
> the resulting directory structure will be fine.

It would be better if "make install" worked on the target (also).

In this case, I'm using NFS mounted systems out of my home directory so
it's easy to finesse this.

Otherwise I'd have to make a root files system to get something I could
install on the target.

In this case I need to strip the executables manually, if desired, after
the actual install, on the target.