[LLVMdev] llvm-config --system-libs has newlines in output

Richard Osborne richard at xmos.com
Thu Feb 27 11:05:02 PST 2014

With LLVM built from trunk I understand I should now use llvm-config
--system-libs to get the system libraries to link against when linking
against llvm (as of r197664). If run this then llvm-config outputs a
blank line before the system libraries, for example on Linux I get:

$ llvm-config --system-libs

-lz -ltinfo -lrt -ldl -lm

If I use --system-libs together with --libs the LLVM libraries and the
system libraries are separated by a newline:

$ ../../tools_llvm_new/obj/Debug+Asserts/bin/llvm-config --libs
--system-libs
-lLLVMLTO -lLLVMObjCARCOpts -lLLVMLinker -lLLVMipo -lLLVMVectorize
-lLLVMBitWriter ...
-lz -ltinfo -lrt -ldl -lm

Is there any reason for this? It just seems to make it harder to parse
the output of llvm-config, but I wanted to check that it wasn't
intentional before putting together a patch.

Thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Osborne | XMOS