[LLVMdev] [AArch64] Use of isVoid in isLegalAddressingMode API for LSR

Chad Rosier mcrosier at codeaurora.org
Wed Feb 26 10:21:12 PST 2014

Ping.

-----Original Message-----
From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On
Behalf Of Chad Rosier
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 4:13 PM
To: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: [LLVMdev] [AArch64] Use of isVoid in isLegalAddressingMode API for
LSR

All,
I'm in the process of implementing the isLegalAddressingMode API for
AArch64.  I noticed that for ARM, the MVT::isVoid is allowed in some cases.

This was originally committed by Chris here:
http://www.llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=35601

The commit message comments:
"Allow IV's with scales to be folded into non-store instructions."

I think I understand the general idea, but could someone possibly elaborated
a bit more on what this change is doing?  It was only committed
6 years, 10 months ago.. :)

It also seems generic; why isn't it in the other backends?

 Chad

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by
The Linux Foundation