[LLVMdev] configure with clang vs gcc

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Tue Feb 25 14:32:26 PST 2014

On 02/25/2014 09:30 AM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> writes:

>>> This isn't what I was asking. You can, of course, do that, but it's
>>> orthogonal to the issue at hand. Basically my initial thought is that
>>> it's using the contents of the build host and not the host.
>>>
>>> -eric
>> Right.
>>
>> There are two issues.
>>
>> 1 ) THere should be a way to disable valgrind as you can for zlib.
> FWIW, because of inline asm in valgrind.h that LLVM can't yet handle, I use:
>
>    ac_cv_header_valgrind_valgrind_h=no .../configure ...
when i do that i get:

llvm[1]: Compiling regfree.c for Release+Asserts build
llvm[1]: Compiling regstrlcpy.c for Release+Asserts build
llvm[1]: Compiling system_error.cpp for Release+Asserts build
llvm[1]: Building Release+Asserts Archive Library libLLVMSupport.a
make[1]: *** [/home/rkotler/caviumllvmwclang/build/Release+Asserts/lib/libLLVMSupport.a] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rkotler/caviumllvmwclang/build/lib/Support'
make: *** [all] Error 1
rkotler at mipssw006:~/caviumllvmwclang/build$