[LLVMdev] configure with clang vs gcc

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Mon Feb 24 16:46:48 PST 2014

On 02/24/2014 04:42 PM, Eric Christopher wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
>> I need to leave soon and will take a look in the morning.
>>
>> I did look at the autoconf input files configure.ac
>>
>> There is a disable-zlib but not a disable-valgrind, even though it seems
>> like there used to be.
>> You can find scripts on the internet when you google of people adding
>> disable-valgrind to configure.
>>
>> I can probably implement disable-valgrind in configure.ac.
> This isn't what I was asking. You can, of course, do that, but it's
> orthogonal to the issue at hand. Basically my initial thought is that
> it's using the contents of the build host and not the host.
>
> -eric
Right.

There are two issues.

1 ) THere should be a way to disable valgrind as you can for zlib.

2) The configure script should be doing this properly on it's own.
Most likely it's something like you are thinking; that it's making the
decision
based on the wrong criteria; host vs. target.

#1 will allow me to work around my problem and should be there anyway.

#2 should also work but is not a requirement for me at this exact moment.
I will fix it if I can see exactly what the issue is.

Reed