[LLVMdev] How to set a "SchedBoundary" in pre-RA scheduler

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Mon Feb 24 00:17:37 PST 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Yaorong lee <leeyr338 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  It can use the function of "isSchedBoundary" to set a SchedBoundary in misched or post-ra sched. But the function will not use in pre-RA scheduler, is there some interfaces that I can set a SchedBoundary in pre-RA scheduler? Thanks in advance.

The pre-RA scheduler doesn’t get to decide the scheduling region. The SelectionDAGBuilder does this. There are tablegen properties like hasCtrlDep that might help you. I probably should not suggest this, but as a terrible hack you could just split the basic block before the SelectionDAG is built (addPreISel).

-Andy