[LLVMdev] [RFC] CodeGenPrepare will eventually introduce dependencies to libLLVMCodeGen in libLLVMScalarOpts

Quentin Colombet qcolombet at apple.com
Wed Feb 19 14:02:29 PST 2014

Thanks all for your answers!

Seems like we agree that CodeGenPrepare should be moved into lib/CodeGen.

Following Hal’s advice to do that for every IR pass that depends directly on TargetLowering, it seems we would have to do the same thing for GlobalMerge and LowerInvoke. For the latter, I do not really know what it implies since this is part of Transforms/Utils.

Let me see what I can do with CodeGenPrepare first.

-Quentin