[LLVMdev] cmake and make check?

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Sat Feb 15 15:40:47 PST 2014

On 02/13/2014 11:35 AM, Tim Northover wrote:
> Hi Reed,
>
>> but then many tests fail when i do a "make check"
>
> That's not normal (all tests pass for me on Linux and OS X). Is this
> on your build machine, or a MIPS board with some odd
> cross-compilation? The latter is more likely to have weird CMake
> issues (I know AArch64 does if you're not careful).
>
>> Ideas?
>
> Only the usual: pick a (preferably simple) test and try to work out
> what's going on; "llvm-lit -v /path/to/test" is useful to save time
> when you want to see if you've fixed an individual test; run the
> command it prints out and see if you can see why it's failing...
>
> One of the "make check" failure outputs (from a single test) might be
> recognised by someone if you can post it. (For crashes llvm-lit often
> only reports something about there being no output though. Obviously
> that's useless).
>
> Cheers.
>
> Tim.

I'm just running this on x86 ubuntu.

after

cd $build_dir
cmake $src_root
make

The first strange this is that if I go into build_dir/test and type
"make", it does nothing.

In $build_dir, with "make check", I get errors like:

/home/rkotler/llvmc/build/test/Analysis/CostModel/X86/Output/uitofp.ll.script:
line 1:
/home/rkotler//home/rkotler/llvmc/build/./bin/llvmc/build/./bin/llc: No
such file or directory

Certainly, ./bin/llc exists

rkotler at mipssw006:~/llvmc/build$ ls ./bin/llc
./bin/llc