[LLVMdev] llvm trunk build failed in cmake_install.cmake on ARM platform

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 14 11:32:22 PST 2014

On 2/14/2014 2:15 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
> Btw, an awesome way to fix this would be to set rpath to
> $ORIGIN/../lib during the link itself. That way it doesn't need to be
> update during install. Is there a way to do that with cmake?

Use -DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH=1 to skip RPATH support for
the build tree and link directly with the final installation RPATH.
See my first response in this thread for details.

However, CMake's install-time RPATH update is a widely used feature
that is known to work in general.  (On non-ELF systems it even does
a preinstall step that re-links the binaries with the installation
tree RPATH.)  There must be something particular to the ARM platform
linker or the way it is being invoked that prevents the RPATH field
from appearing in the binary, but we'll have to wait for Mathias to
report back.

-Brad