[LLVMdev] cmake and make check?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 11:35:39 PST 2014

Hi Reed,

> but then many tests fail when i do a "make check"

That's not normal (all tests pass for me on Linux and OS X). Is this
on your build machine, or a MIPS board with some odd
cross-compilation? The latter is more likely to have weird CMake
issues (I know AArch64 does if you're not careful).

> Ideas?

Only the usual: pick a (preferably simple) test and try to work out
what's going on; "llvm-lit -v /path/to/test" is useful to save time
when you want to see if you've fixed an individual test; run the
command it prints out and see if you can see why it's failing...

One of the "make check" failure outputs (from a single test) might be
recognised by someone if you can post it. (For crashes llvm-lit often
only reports something about there being no output though. Obviously
that's useless).

Cheers.

Tim.