[LLVMdev] Using Compiler-RT with Clang on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Feb 5 02:35:54 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

I'm trying to use the feature you added to Clang a long time ago (2011),
the --rtlib=compiler-rt and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Now that I have compiler-rt building on ARM and the archive libraries under
/lib, I'd like to replace -lgcc with -lclang_rt, but this command line:

$ clang --rtlib=compiler-rt -Wl,-lclang_rt foo.c

Gives me the warning/errors:
clang-3.5: warning: argument unused during compilation:
'--rtlib=compiler-rt'
/usr/bin/ld: error: cannot find -lclang_rt

The library path for compiler-rt is missing and -lgcc is still there, while
it shouldn't.

Is there any simple way of doing that with Clang?

cheers,
--renato