[LLVMdev] compiler-rt CMake build

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Wed Feb 5 00:55:01 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding Brad King's CMake patches for LLVM:
>
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.cvs/173517
>
> If compiler-rt could follow suit, the packaging for the toolchain
> becomes a nice, clean package-manager-friendly DAG.  Currently, the
> compiler-rt CMake build depends on the just-built-clang to run its
> test suite.  It's more intuitive to me that either:
>
>  1) compiler-rt's sanitizer tests would live inside the clang project
>  2) compiler-rt would export a test suite that clang could optionally
> import
>
> The former is simpler, but the latter allows the compiler-rt
> developers to retain control over those tests, which are typically
> updated alongside changes to compiler-rt's sanitizers.  Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the compiler-rt tests should live in the compiler-rt
project. You're right:
these tests should generally be updated in sync with the runtimes. I'm fine
with creating
a large test suite comprising all individual tool-specific test suites we
have now. I'm not
sure how we can "export" this to clang, though, and why the current
situation is bad.

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK