[LLVMdev] Heads up: planning to commit a significant number of fixes to LLVM_LIBDIR_SUFFIX for CMake

İsmail Dönmez ismail at donmez.ws
Sun Dec 28 06:48:34 PST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you have been using this variable, please reply with how you have been
> using it.
>
> As far as I can tell, it would only have worked if you were only using
> LLVM by itself without using Clang or any other LLVM projects. And even
> then, it would have produced an llvm-config binary that lied blatantly
> about where libraries were installed. So if anyone has managed to use this
> variable successfully, I'd love to know how.

Using it successfully with an awful hack like this:

%if "%{_lib}" == "lib64"
# Nasty hardcoded path
sed -i s,CLANG_RESOURCE_DIR,'"../lib64/clang/%{_release_version}"',g
tools/clang/lib/Driver/Driver.cpp
sed -i s,"/lib/LLVMgold","/lib64/LLVMgold",g
tools/clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp
sed -i s,"}lib{","}lib64{",g tools/clang/test/Preprocessor/iwithprefix.c
sed -i s,'$ORIGIN/../lib','$ORIGIN/../lib64',g CMakeLists.txt
%endif

sed -i s,LLVM_LIBDIR,%{_lib}, tools/clang/lib/Driver/Driver.cpp

 Thanks for trying to fix this mess.