[LLVMdev] interest in an .eh_frame parser in llvm?

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Sun Dec 21 10:09:47 PST 2014

On 12/18/2014 06:58 PM, Kevin Modzelewski wrote:
> I'd be interested in that, though would it be an issue if it doesn't
> have an in-tree user?
Quite possibly.  It would bit rot if nothing else.

At minimum, we need a dumper tool - possibly an option to an existing
one - which produces human readable output and a bunch of lit tests to
ensure it's not broken by other changes.  In particular, we need to make
sure that the in tree parser can parse the sections llvm itself is
producing.

p.s. One thing I think we need to be very careful to document is that
this .eh_frame parser is version locked to the same version of llvm and
is only guaranteed to parse output from that version of llvm.  I'm not
opposed to trying to be more generic, but I suspect that would involve a
lot more work.