[LLVMdev] LIT Verbose

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Thu Dec 18 22:34:02 PST 2014

+pcc

Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> writes:
> Folks,
>
> Some of our CMake buildbots are failing to timeout, and I believe it's
> something to do with how the output comes from the LIT tests, even
> though we add -v to LIT_ARGS.
>
> When the "check-all" stage runs, the output stops at the "Running
> tests" message and only prints the rest of the output (including all
> tests that pass, fail, etc) at the end.

IIUC, the problem is that cmake+ninja doesn't actually output anything
while tests are running. I think what you're hoping for is r222181,
which teaches cmake that the test targets output arbitrary stuff on the
terminal, and that ninja should show that output.

Unfortunately, this needs a really new (unreleased?) version of cmake to
work. If you don't have a new enough cmake, you might be better off
running the lit command directly for now, though I realize this is a bit
of a pain for check-all since the list of targets depends on what
exactly you've checked out.