[LLVMdev] interest in an .eh_frame parser in llvm?

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Dec 18 15:45:15 PST 2014

I believe libc++abi already has such a parser.

Is it appropriate to adapt that CFI parser for use within LLVM or not?

I also know that ld64 does some translation from DWARF CFI to a more
compact format, and lld may wish to replicate that functionality.

This also feels related to the Itanium C++ ABI demangling problem, where we
have an implementation in libc++abi, but we can't reliably use it from
clang or lld. Maybe we can factor out an interface below the libunwind
unw_* interface and cxxabi cxa_* symbols, and link that into LLVM.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Sanjoy Das <sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com