[LLVMdev] Newbee question: LLVM backend regression tests for thumb1 targets on simulator possible?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:02:57 PST 2014

> You have some special version of qemu? My default distribution's qemu
> package did not have a cortex-M0 nor has qemu head freshly taken from git:

The trouble with Cortex-M0 (from a virtualised testing perspective) is
that it doesn't have an MMU, so any "real" operating system
environment will be far more artificial than we'd like, and probably
very low down on qemu's list of priorities to boot.

Testing a Thumb1 CPU with an MMU (I'm sure there are ARM11* CPUs with
MMU but before Thumb2, but would need to dig into which is closest to
v6m) would cover *most* issues, but obviously not the ways in which
Cortex-M0 is closer to v7 than v6.

Tim.