[LLVMdev] 3.5.1 Testing Phase Begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Tue Dec 16 11:23:32 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Tom Stellard <tom at stellard.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 05:06:39PM -0800, Hans Wennborg wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Tom Stellard <tom at stellard.net> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > 3.5.1-rc1 has been tagged, so it is time to begin testing.  We can
>> > always use more testers, so if  you would like to volunteer, let me
>> > know.
>>
>> Sorry for coming late to the party; my Windows box decided to die
>> earlier this week.
>>
>> After re-installing everything, lld refused to build on the 3.5
>> branch. I'm not sure how it ever worked before, but I need to merge
>> r220117 to make it work.
>>

> Does it build with the 3.5.0?  If so, I think we will need to merge this
> fix.

No, it doesn't build with 3.5.0-final either. Which is strange because
it did build when we did that release, but maybe I had a different
version of CMake then, or something else in my environment changed.

The fix in r220117 is very straight-forward though, so even if it's
not strictly fixing something that regressed between 3.5.0 and 3.5.1,
I'd still like to merge it with your permission.

 - Hans