[LLVMdev] status of MCJIT debuggin in windows

SMEDING Gideon Gideon.SMEDING at 3ds.com
Fri Dec 12 09:00:29 PST 2014

Hi Everybody,

First off: thanks for the good work. Despite the occasional hiccup I quite enjoy using llvm to generate code.

We use LLVM to generate code for our own shader language which is run with MCJIT. I've implemented rudimentary debugging using llvm's metadata, which works perfectly in linux (albeit only with the MCJIT cache disabled). Unfortunately most of our devs work on windows where debugging doesn't work (with gdb), at least not out of the box.

My question is: what is the status of debugging MCJITed code in windows? And if it is possible, what are the conditions/requirements?

If it helps, the setup is as follows:
Llvm 3.4.2 (compiled with VS12)
Main application compiled with VS12
gdb 7.8 (from Cygwin)

thanks!

-gideon

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Realtime Technology does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer