[LLVMdev] RFC: Timeline for deprecating the autoconf build system?

Patrik Hägglund H patrik.h.hagglund at ericsson.com
Wed Dec 3 01:08:46 PST 2014

> - Is there any technical reason why the remaining autoconf users can't switch
>   to CMake?

I can't see how to do 'configure --disable-assertions --disable-optimized', using CMake in LLVM. This is useful for example to build for coverage testing.

(Also, it seems like CMake still don't take the CPPFLAGS environment variable (for example, for passing a custom -I path) : http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=12928. It is inconvenient to set both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS for this.)

/Patrik Hägglund