[LLVMdev] Modify a module at runtime in MCJIT

sara elshobaky sara.elshobaky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:37:42 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using MCJIT to run some loops on my ARM processor.

I was trying to perform some runtime optimizations on some function, and
this requires recompiling the function at runtime.

I know that this feature is not available yet in MCJIT , and to modify a
function I have to create a new module with the newly optimized code.

My questions are:

-          The newly created module can be added to the same execution
engine or I have to create a new one?

-          Is it possible to swap the execution from the running module to
the new optimized one at runtime? If yes, how? If no, are there any further
solutions?

Please advice

Sara