[LLVMdev] LLVM+GCC collaboration BoF

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Aug 30 09:31:06 PDT 2014

Folks,

Is there any interest in having a BoF session on the GCC+LLVM collaboration?

I'd like to discuss some of the outcomes from the GNU Cauldron session
and see what we could do to make that relationship healthier.

So far, all the cross discussions I've seen on the GNU list (about
LLVM) have been very healthy and the GNU folks seem very receptive to
discussion (not so much for changing the rules, but that takes time).

However, there are some steps we can do to speed up the cross-talk,
including maybe participating on their community a bit more (regarding
extensions committee, outlining features behaviour, etc). I'm already
doing some of this on binutils and, even though we don't fully agree,
at least there is a common ground that we do.

I've already proposed on the devconf email, just let me know if there
is any interest, so we can keep it as a proposal, otherwise I'll drop
it later on.

thanks,
--renato