[LLVMdev] PSA: changes to AtomicExpandLoadLinkedPass

Robin Morisset morisset at google.com
Tue Aug 26 12:59:48 PDT 2014

Hello,

Just in case anyone out-of-tree depends on AtomicExpandLoadLinkedPass
(unlikely as it was rather ARM-specific), I feel I should warn that it has
recently been renamed into AtomicExpandPass, and the interface with the
target is changing. In particular shouldExpandAtomicInIR will soon be split
into shouldExpandAtomicLoadInIR, shouldExpandAtomicStoreInIR,... (
http://reviews.llvm.org/D5035); and two new hooks emitLeadingFence and
emitTrailingFence are being added (http://reviews.llvm.org/D4960).

Please tell me if you would like to keep being informed of changes to this
interface as I may modify it again later.

Best regards,
Robin Morisset