[LLVMdev] The basic block does not exist in the map

songy92 at stanford.edu songy92 at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 23 17:06:07 PDT 2014

Hi All,
I am new to LLVM and now involved into a problem, would it be possible to get some help?

I want to insert a new basic block into a program by writing a pass. For example, there are block A and B in the original block where A jumps to B:
A -> B.

For now I want to insert a block C bewteen them:
A -> C -> B.

However, if the branch instruction from A to C or from C to B is created, an error message occurs:
bb->getName() = C
 "The basic block does not exist in the map."=The basic block does not exist in the map.

So, how can I add the new block C to the original map?

Thank you very much!

Song

Research Intern in Dept. of Computer Science, Stanford University
Email: songy92 at stanford.edu, yaosong1992 at gmail.com