[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raising minimum required Visual Studio version to 2013 for trunk

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:50:21 PDT 2014

Mixing Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 runtime DLLs should not a problem as long
you don't try to allocate a resource (FILE, memory,...) managed by one
runtime DLL and access or release it in other runtime DLL that does not
know about it. In general the runtime DLLs don't coordinate resource
management, unless the resource is actually managed by Windows behind the
scenes. See here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/614c9181-33b7-4ffa-968d-a910bb68eb33/can-i-use-msvcrt100dll-with-visual-c-2013?forum=vcgeneral

Yaron