[LLVMdev] LLVM in MVC/Web applications

Prakash Premkumar prakash.prax at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 23:35:39 PDT 2014

I'm working on a programming language and am trying to use LLVM as its
backend. I wonder if you can answer some of my questions related to LLVM

The language is being for developed for writing  web apps.
Every class in my language is converted to a database relation and all
operations on the objects are performed as database queries.

In a typical MVC application, where the web server has the code which
interfaces with the database ( and the database itself does the heavy
lifting like processing queries ) does generating LLVM IR for user defined
functions which access the database ( say select * from emp where name =
'x' through a java api ) give performance benefits?

Is there a real world case where LLVM has been used in such cases?If so can
you please mention them?

Can you kindly answer my question ?

Thanks
Prakash