[LLVMdev] Project DiscoPoP (Entry provided)

Zhen Li z.li at grs-sim.de
Wed Aug 20 03:42:48 PDT 2014

Dear LLVM Devs,

We are a team from German Research School for Simulation Sciences. We
are currently working on DiscoPoP (_Disco_very of _Po_tential
_P_arallelism), which is an LLVM-based tool that assists in identifying
potential parallelism in sequential programs. The tool uses LLVM to
instrument the code for finding both control and data dependences. A
series of analyses are built on top of dependence to explore potential
parallelism and parallel patterns. We have a modified version of Clang
with a new option "-dp" to invoke our tool.

We have a web page about DiscoPoP: http://www.grs-sim.de/discopop, and
we would like to know if it is possible to have our project listed on
"Projects built with LLVM" page of LLVM website. Our plan is to make
DiscoPoP an open-source tool in the near future.

----------------------------------
The entry for our project:

DiscoPoP: A parallelism discovery tool

By the <a
href="http://www.grs-sim.de/research/parallel-programming/multicore-programming/">DiscoPoP
Dev Team</a>

_Po_tential _P_arallelism)</a> is a tool that assists in identifying
potential parallelism in sequential C/C++ programs. It instruments the
code for finding both control and data dependences. A series of analyses
are built on top of dependence to explore potential parallelism and
parallel patterns.

The instrumentation is done with the help of LLVM. A modified version of
Clang with a new option "-dp" is also provided to invoke DiscoPoP.

Thank you for your attention and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
DiscoPoP Dev Team