[LLVMdev] Dev Meeting BOF: Performance Tracking

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Aug 19 17:02:45 PDT 2014

On 20 August 2014 00:24, Gerolf Hoflehner <ghoflehner at apple.com> wrote:
> My experience from leading BOFs at other conferences is more talk than action. So I suggest a different setup for this topic: how about having a working group meeting with participants who can commit time to work on this topic?

Mine too, but in this case I have to say it wasn't at all what
happened. It started with a 10 minute description of what we had and
why it was bad, followed by a 40 minute discussion on what to do and
how.

There were about 80 people in the room, all actively involved in
defining actions and actors. In the end we had clear goals, with clear
owners and we have implemented every single one of them to date. I
have to say, I've never seen that happen before!

Furthermore, the "working group" was about the 80 people in the room
anyway, and they all helped in one way or another. So, for any other
discussion, I'd agree with you. For this one, I think we should stick
to what's working. :)

cheers,
--renato