[LLVMdev] Default/initial values for function arguments?

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:18:17 PDT 2014

On 8/15/14, 6:14 PM, Yang, Cheng-Chih wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I see. Then my question is probably better put as - if there's a good way in LowerFormalArgument() one can overwrite the input argument's default value?

Are you just trying to replace the contents of an argument with another
value?  If so, I would just do this at the LLVM IR level before doing
any code generation, and I'd just replace all uses of the argument with
the desired value (if you just want to change some of the uses of the
argument, that is easy enough to do, too, at the LLVM IR level).

Regards,

John Criswell