[LLVMdev] Efficient Pattern matching in Instruction Combine

suyog sarda sardask01 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:41:38 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin.org> wrote:

> Even if you can't implement such an algorithm sanely, ISTM that
> auto-generating this code from a table (or whatever), and choosing
> canonical results (to avoid a fixpoint issue), rather than what seems
> to be hand-additions of every possible set of minimizations on three
> variables, is still a better solution, no?
>
> At least then you wouldn't have human errors, and a growing file that
> makes any of the non-trivial transforms easy to miss in the noise.

That's what exactly i thought, basically to have auto generating minimized
expression,
instead of hand writing code for every pattern.

Few links i found -

http://sontrak.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/truthtablesolve/

This might take much more time to implement, my immediate goal is to
improve matching capabilities.

Regards,
Suyog