[LLVMdev] [Zorg] Reorganisation, documentation and other issues

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 03:57:16 PDT 2014

On 7 August 2014 04:05, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
> This is a great idea!
>
> Lots of questions: I’m just going to dump what I know.
>
> There are many (at least 3) buildmasters that use zorg package, so it makes sense to keep it common.   I think smooshlab was an actual cluster that ran for a while.  llvmlab is the cluster that is happy running here:

Okay I didn't realise anyone was using zorg outside of the tree. In
that case it definitely makes sense to leave the zorg python packages
where they are.

> http://lab.llvm.org:8013/builders
>
> We also run a parivate build cluster using zorg.
>
> On our internal bots I wrote something that adjusts the python path, which I use to wrap the master config. That just looks up the zorg path relative from the master.cfg file. I don’t know how portable that is, but at least it is not a hard coded path to the users home dir...

Yes that does sound like a better option. If I find time I'll write a
patch for this.

> It would be really handy to have a simple single master/slave config template for prototyping.  What might make sense is another config next to smooshlab, llvmlab etc, that has a simple local config.  Everything on localhost, no emails etc.  Then you could work on the one or two zorg builders you want to muck with, then finally add your builder to the production configs.

It would be nice if the build master in osuosl could be easily run on
localhost but that probably would greatly over complicate things so
it's probably best not to do that. So a separate master config
template for localhost is probably the better option.

Thanks,
Dan.