[LLVMdev] Plans for the Apple supported Darwin buildbot cluster

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Aug 12 13:49:44 PDT 2014

On 12 August 2014 19:34, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
> The most notable change will be a switch from Buildbot to Jenkins.  We will
> be replacing the current phased system with a Jenkins analog and reproducing
> the current builds.  The Jenkins will execute scripts for each “project”
> that we will be checked in to zorg.

Hi Chris,

I'm very interested in this. Can you share some of the decisions on
moving to Jenkins?

I ask that because we have our GCC testing on Jenkins and LLVM testing
on Buildbots, and to be honest, buildbots are more stable and
reliable, not to mention having more readable web pages, error
messages and emailing committers, etc. Can Jenkins (at least in your
setup) do the same?

I really don't care much how I run the tests, as long as they keep me
informed and don't hassle me, which has been an almost free ride with
the buildbots so far.

If you guys add Jenking support I may also have a go here internally,
and if you guys could also share the Jenkins configuration, I could
update our own copy with a decent setup. :D

cheers,
--renato