[LLVMdev] [Zorg] Reorganisation, documentation and other issues

Chris Matthews chris.matthews at apple.com
Wed Aug 6 20:05:41 PDT 2014

This is a great idea!

Lots of questions: I’m just going to dump what I know.

There are many (at least 3) buildmasters that use zorg package, so it makes sense to keep it common.   I think smooshlab was an actual cluster that ran for a while.  llvmlab is the cluster that is happy running here:

http://lab.llvm.org:8013/builders

We also run a parivate build cluster using zorg.

On our internal bots I wrote something that adjusts the python path, which I use to wrap the master config. That just looks up the zorg path relative from the master.cfg file. I don’t know how portable that is, but at least it is not a hard coded path to the users home dir...

It would be really handy to have a simple single master/slave config template for prototyping.  What might make sense is another config next to smooshlab, llvmlab etc, that has a simple local config.  Everything on localhost, no emails etc.  Then you could work on the one or two zorg builders you want to muck with, then finally add your builder to the production configs.

We use buildbot 0.8.8 internally with zorg, and have no problems.  It might just be that no one has volunteered to upgrade us.

The buildbot stop/start kills all the running builds, so they have to restart. On big clusters that super annoying if it happens regularly. I think we use the reloads where possible to make sure buildbot reconfig works as expected.