[LLVMdev] LLVM as a shared library

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 14:26:10 PDT 2014

Hi Chris,

> Our primary goals are to (1) make it easier to embed LLVM into external projects as a shared library, and (2) generally improve the performance of LLVM as a shared library.

That sounds great. Just as a note, using LLVM libraries for external
projects using CMake  was recently improved [1] (mostly by Brad King).
I've never built LLVM as a single shared library (I'm not aware of
there being a CMake option to do so) using CMake but it would be great
if doing this didn't create any problems for users of this interface.

If you'd like me to take a look at anything related to this, please let me know.

> (2) Clean up cross compiling in the CMake build system

Brad King might be interested in this so it might be a good idea to CC
him in any patches related to this.

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#embedding-llvm-in-your-project

Thanks,
Dan.