[LLVMdev] MCJIT on armv5

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sun Apr 27 10:56:53 PDT 2014

On 24 April 2014 03:37, Dvorkin Dmitry <dvorkin at tibbo.com> wrote:
> Is MCJIT available on ARMv5 in any version of LLVM? If no, do you have plan
> to support it in near future?

Hi Dvorkin,

I don't remember intentionally removing support for ARMv5, but also,
we don't test it, so support could have been dropped by accident. Not
many people have interest in ARMv5 (with the last bot disappearing not
long ago), so it's hard to keep compatibility, especially with so many
changes to modern Linux systems...

> patched Kaleidoscope-Ch4 outputs:
> ready> Could not create ExecutionEngine: Interpreter has not been linked in.

Your parameters below for compiling look correct, I'd wait until
someone more experienced with MCJIT had a say.

> "/lli -use-mcjit ./hello.ll" outputs:
> /lli: error creating EE: No available targets are compatible with this
> triple, see -version for the available targets.

Does good old lli work?

cheers,
-renato