[LLVMdev] Proposal: AArch64/ARM64 merge from EuroLLVM

JF Bastien jfb at google.com
Wed Apr 23 15:31:06 PDT 2014

A few things that we discussed at the EuroLLVM meeting:

   - It would be useful to have numbers generated with the same method but
   comparing A32 to GCC, to see what performance difference is "inherent" to
   LLVM's architecture-independent optimizations, and which are actual ARM64
   shortcomings due to its immaturity compared to A32.
   - SPEC2k6 may be a better measure since 2k often can be gamed or fits in
   cache.

The conclusion at EuroLLVM was that the ARM64 vs Aarch64 numbers after
patching were acceptable. It seems to still be the case?