[LLVMdev] [RFC] 3-bit Waymarking

Gabor Greif ggreif at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:28:49 PDT 2014

Hi devs,

after my intentionally "playful" EuroLLVM presentation (*) I think it
would be time to get serious about merging to ToT. But we should
probably find out whether an optimized algorithm is desired at all.

So I'd solicit comments from the code owners (Use.{h,cpp}) and anybody
who is interested. For closer scrutiny, the code is here:
<http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/branches/ggreif/waymark-64-new/>

I do not have the equipment to perform a compile-time measurement. How
do folks benchmark for this nowadays? Is it a viable alternative to
bring the changes to ToT and compare speedups/slowdowns in the nightly
builds retrospectively?

Thanks for any input,

cheers,

    Gabor